Class Post: Mary Knox Merrill on Video & Photography9:21 PM
"Persistance is key."
She told us in order to make your subject feel comfortable you need to get familiar with the technology you are using. You need to garner different types of shots - close ups, medium and wide shots - in order to create an important story.
1. Variety of images and b-roll: tight, medium, wide, high, medium, low
2. Change your perspective
3. Composition: rule of thirds
6. Get close
7. Get comfortabele with your subject
8. Keep still
9. Edit on a computer not your phone!
10. You can never have enough
With phones light your subject well.
1. Let the action unfold in the frame
2. Anticipate the action
3. Watching, then get in front of the action
4. Go for repetitive motion instead of one time action
5. Video activities that will speak to video
6. Variety is key
7. Storyboard: Have a plan of action
8. Ask open ended questions